Book, Line, and Sinker! is an episode of The Adventures of Captain Laserbeam.
- Captain Laserbeam - John DiMaggio
- Phillip Fathom - Hal Lublin
- Adventurekateer Emily - Annie Savage
- Papercut - Craig Cackowski
- Narrator - Mark Gagliardi
Captain Laserbeam and Phillip Fathom are on a stakeout in Apex Harbor when a Distress Signal summons Laserbeam back to the Adventurekateers Clubhouse. The Die-brarian has been sighted at the local school, delivering books and shaking hands with the Principal. Mind control is suspected. Fathom shows up to assist, having just solved the case he was staking out earlier.
Fathom and Laserbeam leave immediately, but Laserbeam arrives there first--thanks, Laser Speed!--only to get trapped in a Prism Prison. The Die-brarian begins monologuing about his most recent evil plan, which Captain Laserbeam slowly realizes, with a lot of help from henchman Papercut is actually just charity work, donating remaindered books to local schools and libraries.
Just as Captain Laserbeam realizes this, Phillip Fathom shows up and frees him from the Prism, intent on taking the Die-brarian down. Laserbeam tries to explain that the villain is actually doing good, but Fathom is unmoved, instead sticking to his twisted, antihero sense of justice. Seeing no other option, Laserbeam shoots him with a Freeze Laser, but just before it hits, Fathom traps him in a Fish Net. They continue to argue morals to no avail, until Laserbeam manages to laser his way out of the net first and hauls a frozen Fathom off, leaving the villain and his heanchman to evilly go read to children.
- This is the 134th episode of the Thrilling Adventure Hour.
- The prior episode is Beyond Belief - Molar Express.
- The next is Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars - Station Break.
- The prior episode in Captain Laserbeam canon is Paperback Fighter! (TAH #130).
- The next episode in Captain Laserbeam canon is Three Sides to Every Story (TAH #163).
This episode was recorded at Largo on August 10, 2013 and released on September 16, 2013.