The Lynchtree family are a family of humans in Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars.
The known members are:
- Jilm - Autumn Reeser (also played by Ashley Austin Morris in a Town Hall performance)
- Callusandra - John Ennis
- Insanity Jane - Aubrey Plaza
- Insanity Jane has a husband. He and his brothers were arrested by Sparks Nevada in the pre-podcast era, possibly for forming a destructive posse.
- Jindlefer - Kirsten Vangsness
- Engaged to Kevin, a giant spider.
- Raythum Calliopurt - John Ennis (also played by Zachary Levi in a Town Hall performance not podcasted)
- Claims to be not a cyborg , though he has robot hands.
All known named Lynchtree members are siblings, though they have spoken of their Ma and Pa, who have yet to be named.
The Lynchtrees brought a rope, which eventually they tie into a noose, in order to find some martians to string up and hang. Despite claiming that ignorance of the law means it don't apply, Sparks informs them that's exactly how the law does not work. Sparks informs the Lynchtrees that he will jail them if they attempt to hurt Croach or any other martian, as there are six statues against harming martians.
The Science Beings decide to use the Inversification Ray upon the Lynchtrees in order to study the results of the ray upon human females. When they shoot at the Lynchtrees, Croach selflessly jumps in front of the ray and is turned inside out. Sparks tells the Lynchtrees to disperse, as they're taking the law into their own hands by forming a martian-lynching possee. Sparks suggests that they turn into a helpful possee instead of an angry one, and suggests they go whitewash The Widow Johnson's fence. The Lynchtrees agree, and leave.
In Wild, Wild Quest, Jindlefer is engaged to Kevin, who attempts to murder Sparks because Sparks had just killed his entire extended family as part of a ritual with the Red Plains Rider. Raythum then arrives to try to stop the marriage. Raythum, however, ends up shooting Red (who is able to heal because she has just received Nah Nohtek) and is arrested by Sparks. Jindlefer then informs Raythum that she still plans to marry Kevin.