Piston Pete is a character in Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars.
- In their This American Wife (TAH #38.1), interview, Sparks Nevada says that during one of his earliest adventures with Croach the Tracker, Piston Pete robbed a Space Train. Pete was shot, but had a beep-boop robot with him that no one could understand. One of the human passengers on the train could speak beep-boop but not that dialect, so there was a lot of confusion.
- In The Return of Croach the Tracker and the Introduction of Two New Important Characters! (TAH #47), Billy the Bot says that outgunning Piston Pete is on his to-do list.
- In The Piano has Been Thinking (TAH #70), Felton and The Barkeep speak of Pete during their song I Don't Want No Trouble In My Place. "The Friday poker game was ballyhooing / When Piston Pete pulled out that extra ace / I cashed their chips, I smelled a ruckus brewing / Cause I don't want no trouble in my place."
- During Crisis on Infinite Marses part 2 (TAH #195), an alternate universe version of The Saloon Doors, who was still a bounty hunter going by the name La Diabla, explains to Sparks, Croach and others that she was just in the Hot Lava Springs of Mars attempting to capture Piston Pete when she suddenly found herself on the Earth's Moon speaking to those assembled.
- In Die Hardware (TAH #202), Billy the Bot tells Sparks that Piston Pete is robbing the town's bank, so Pete has come to Sparks' hardware store to rob it instead. Later, The Red Plains Rider and Croach admit that Pete was able to get away at the bank robbery.