The Agony of the Feet is an episode of Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars.
- Sparks Nevada - Marc Evan Jackson
- Croach the Tracker - Mark Gagliardi
- The Preacher - Dave (Gruber) Allen
- Doctor Scientist - Craig Cackowski
- Folksy Narrator - Craig Cackowski
Upon hearing of the imminent destruction of Mars, Nevada and Croach set off to learn more at Doctor Scientist's lab. They ride through the Old Mission. The space-crazy Preacher resides in the parapets of The Old Mission, imitating space roosters. Suspecting him to be a martian, The Preacher shoots Croach multiple times and demands that Nevada prove his humanity while Croach recovers thanks to Nah Nohtek. The Preacher is truly space-crazy and refers to Nevada as Marshmallow and Abraham. Convinced of Nevada's humanity, Preacher relates a story from The Bible about the girl Penelope, who buried dynamite in The Old Mission to destroy Martians should they return, revealing that Our Heroes are standing upon dynamite.
The marshal tries to reason with the Preacher that both he and Croach are harmless and should be let go, but Preacher insists on seeing their hands and feet before setting them free. Nevada freely reveals his toesies, but Croach is resistant as feet are sacred to his tribe. Croach's feet cannot be revealed without stimulation of his egg sacs, and after much compromising, Nevada agrees to help. It is uncomfortable.
Once the feet are exposed, the Preacher snaps a picture and allows them to go free. Our heroes agree to never speak about the events of The Old Mission, and continue on to Doctor Scientist's lab only to find it empty.
- Sparks and Croach mention they are going to Doctor Scientist's lab. We later learn that Doctor Scientist is another Science Being.
- The Hawk People of Rigel 9 are mentioned in this episode, so far this is the only time this species has been mentioned.
- At the very end of the episode Croach says "I can't even look at you", one of the few times Croach uses a contraction.
- Unofficial Transcript by SparksSpeaks
- This is the 6th episode of the Thrilling Adventure Hour.
- The prior episode is Beyond Belief - Wishing Hell.
- The next episode is The Adventures of Captain Laserbeam - Stolen Kisses.
- The prior Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars episode is Inside Out In Outer Space (TAH #2).
- The next Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars episode is A Comet's Tale (TAH #11).
This episode was recorded on June 5, 2010 at Largo at the Coronet in Los Angeles, California. It was released on February 13, 2011.
- Writers: Ben Acker and Ben Blacker
- Director: Toby Wilkins
- Music: Andy Paley & the Andy Paley Orchestra
- Sparks Nevada theme: Eban Schletter
- Sound effects: Joel Spence and Hal Lublin