The Boat Show is a special and currently unreleased segment of the Thrilling Adventure Hour.
As part of the JoCo Cruise Crazy 4, The Bens and Paul F. Tompkins were joined by a number of friends of the show to perform this new and then-exclusive segment. While it was recorded in some form, as a documentary segment about it was included in the extras for the Concert Film, it has not been released on the podcast feed.
- Paul F. Tompkins
- Sara Watkins
- Todd Cooper
- Greg Benson
- Kim Evey
- Wil Wheaton
- Jonathan Coulton
- Paul & Storm
- John Roderick
- Peter Sagal
- Joseph Scrimshaw
This segment was first performed at sea on February 27, 2014. It was written by Ben Acker and Ben Blacker.
At LA Podfest on September 18, 2015, WorkJuice Theatre mounted a second performance of The Boat Show.
- Paul F. Tompkins - Freddie "Hutch" Hutchinson
- Marc Evan Jackson - Duncan "Dunc" Dunbar
- Autumn Reeser - Rose
- Janet Varney
- Craig Cackowski - Jack Bleecker
- Annie Savage - Mrs. Flywheel
- Todd Cooper - Todd Cooper
- Mark McConville
- Steve Agee - Boat Cop
- Michael McMillian - Harold Rittenhouse "HR" Greevy
- Chris Tallman - Emmett Flywheel
- Do The Pegleg Pete
- Hypothetically Speaking
- Love Ain't No Billy Goat
- Locked Away (reprise)
- The introduction indicated that this was the same story that had been told at sea, presented for the first time on land.
- Craig's line referencing Podfest's sponsors SquareSpace and Audible within the text of the show was improvised.
- Paul F. Tompkins' character referenced a Beyond Belief running gag when he said "I would watch that show" about "Boat Police Academy."
This episode was streamed live and was available for a month after Podfest ended, but to date it has not been released on the Thrilling Adventure Hour's podcast feed.
- Writers: Ben Acker & Ben Blacker
- Directer: Aaron Ginsburg
- Music written by: Jonathan Coulton, Rhett Miller, and Paul & Storm
- Music performed by: Jordan Katz and the Boat Show Orchestra/WorkJuice Band (Ben Peeler, Eric Kufs, Brad Gordan, Dave Chegwith, and Jon Flaugher.)