The Hobo Way is a specific methodology, allegedly unique to Hobo-kind (often "no different from the Regular-Person Way") in Down in Moonshine Holler. As Banjo Bindlestuff's mentor, much of Gummy's instruction pertains to the tenets of the Hobo Way.
Things Described as The Hobo WayEdit
- Never using money to buy your way out of a problem, but thinking of a different solution.
- Fanciful Exaggeration
- Rolling when you land after jumping out of a moving boxcar
- Sticking your head outside a window to figure out what's going on
- Saying "wuzza?" instead of "curious"
- Going to talk to someone if you're not sure who they are
- Letting someone ask a question they wish to ask
- A special knock, which lets other hobos know they are hobos and not marks
- Believing in Santa Claus
- Clarifying your revelations
- Not getting a swelled head
- Giving inspiring rallying speeches
- When a person cannot help but help others in need
- Allowing things
Hobo Law & PracticesEdit
- Hobos who have been riding the rails longer have seniority.
- When jumping into a boxcar which is already occupied, first request permission and offer food to share.
- Hobos are encouraged to lie to rubes, but for lying to other hobos you get the shiv.
- It ain't what you put in your bindle, it's how it affixes to your stick.
- A hobo thinks with his brain, then his heart.
- The only home a hobo has is the ones on his feet.