Wendy was married to Mr. Johnson, however, her husband was killed in the pre-podcast era. The death of Mr. Johnson will probably be seen during the events of the first comic book series. In the series, Sparks Nevada is escorting Wendy, her husband and Felton across Mars, and along the way, they encounter many dangers. For a short time, she was turned into glass, and then captured by martians along with her husband, Felton, Sparks and Croach.
After Mr. Johnson's death, Wendy lives near town on Mars. She is Felton's next door neighbor, and Felton is not-so-secretly in love with her. She and Felton held hands once, and Felton thinks about it "basically all the time."
The Widow Johnson has a baby, who has as of yet only been called the Baby Johnson. She also is capable of ferocious bloodlust if put into a Gladiator-style arena.
In Sheriff on Mars, Wendy inadvertently shoots and kills Felton while trying to save him from a rogue robot. Felton is soon resurrected by the Barkeep, using The Force Galactic. Just before Felton dies, Wendy admits she has begun to have feelings for Felton. In Malware Wars, the Barkeep mentions that Felton and Wendy are doing well together, and she has begun to move on from grieving her husband.
The Widow Johnson runs a boarding house, which Ginny West stayed at while station on Mars as a troubleshooter. Sparks Nevada also stayed in the house after leaving his job of marshal on Mars and opening up a hardware store.
- The Sad, Sad Song of Widow Johnson, Part One (SNMOM #1)
- The Sad, Sad Song of Widow Johnson, Part Two (SNMOM #2)
- The Sad, Sad Song of Widow Johnson, Part Three (SNMOM #3)
- Sparks Nevada's "I'm from Earth" Day Special (TAH #118)
- Something Wicked This Way Is (TAH #119)
- In Natal Attraction, Jib Janeen, the Jupiter Spy, had been pretending to be The Widow Johnson while visiting Felton. He then revealed himself to Sparks Nevada and Croach the Tracker. He also impregnated Felton while disguised as The Widow Johnson at an earlier date. (TAH #141)
- Sheriff on Mars (TAH #162)